Hidong Kim wrote:

Hi,

I just installed a new Liteon 40x12x48x CD burner into a freshly upgraded Red Hat 8.0 machine. I'm trying to use xcdroast to make CDs. The burner will make fairly small CDs OK, like 10-50 MB. But if I try to make a large CD, 300 MB or more, xcdroast freezes about halfway through. In fact, it freezes the entire machine, and leaves the caps lock and num lock lights on the keyboard flashing. I have to reboot the machine. I'm using new 80 min CD-Rs. What could be wrong? Are there any other CD burning applications you can suggest? They don't have to be free or open. Thanks,

Hidong
Have you configured it properly? XCdroast is the one that works best for me ... but I guess it depends on system and hardware configuration !
You can also try, "out of the box" KOnCD and Gnome Toaster (GToaster for short) - if they are installed they are both in Extras/System Tools .

Good luck !

J.Pedro