Mitchell Henderson wrote:

>  if they're servers do you really want to be putting pre-made pkgs on them

That's a good point.  My problem is that I'm really a software engineer not a
sys-admin.  My companies small so I do most of the sys-admin stuff but we'll be
getting a real sys-admin once we hire a few more people.  I'm going with the approach
that it's better
to have a system that works and is up to date (and doesn't consume all of my time)
rather than a system that was bullet-proof but is now out of date (I also doubt if I
could build a system that was bullet-proof).  Security is not a huge concern because
one of
these servers is on our mail server and people are bouncing their stuff out to yahoo
accounts and every other place on the net and the other server is on our lan but not
the internet (it is used mainly for cvs).

What do you think of this assesment?  Any feed back would be helpful because, like I
said, I'm not a real sys-admin.

Thanks,
Andy