On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Bret Hughes wrote:

> Mike Chambers wrote:
>
> > My linux box changed over but once I rebooted it went back to the other
> > time.  I had to go in this morning to the BIOS and change it.
> >
> > Mike
>
> This occurs if you set your machine to "local" time rather than UCT (GMT).
> Using UTC the time never changes only the way the OS displays it.  AMkes a lot
> more sense if you think about it.

A more general method is to have the machine sync it's time to the time of
another machine on the network. Great work around for machines with BIOS
that can't handle Y2k, bad clock chips and the like.

ntpdate or rdate!

$.02

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Programmer    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.