Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

> Total idiot here, but this should not be possible, should it ?
>
> I'm very serious, was that email authentic, is what that guy discribed
> possible ??
>
> --

Should not be,  but is once holes in the code are found.  Keep up with the updates.  A
lot
of the NT breakins that occur are on stuff that has been fixed and service packs
availible
but not installed too.

If you keep up with a list  or two like redhat-watch and subscribe to a security watch
list/ newsletter it is not that big af a deal to keep up with IMHO.

Of course if you don't run a service you don't have to worry about an upgrade.  rpm -e
is
your friend.

Bret