At 4/4/01 08:23 PM -0400, you wrote:
>I think his question was regarding the decrypting of all passwords on
>the system. I am in the same boat, I didn't think this was so easily
>done. I guess in one respect it doesn't make much difference. Once
>you've got root, you've got it all anyway.

It's not so easily done; you have your ideas straight. But while a password
*cracker* is not going to be that successful, a password *sniffer* will do
wonders. Anytime someone logs in, or uses a POP client, or uses FTP, or so
on... you get one more password. No effort required. This is, I think, how
they do it.

But yes, from what I've heard the thing tries to sniff as many passwords in
one day then sends the file. Odds are that most users on a machine will
connect once every 24 hours...

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz