Hi all,

    I currently have a cable modem with an old 486 running masq and a strong
ipchains ruleset for my 192.168.0.0/24 network.  I currently run web and ftp
via portforwarding, and it works fine.  The firewall IP is 192.168.0.1/24
    I'm now trashing my Win2K Server box (used only for web and ftp - was
bogging it down completely) and setting it up with Apache, Postfix, Imp,
Cyrus, MySQL, FTP, and BIND.  This box has two nics in it, one to the
Internal network (192.168.0.10), the other to the internet.  It will be a
Samba domain controller for the internal network, as well as an internal dns
server.  It will be an authoritive dns server on the external side for a
couple of domains as well.  I've followed the Secure BIND template located
at http://www.cymru.com/~robt (adapted for linux), and I have a few
questions.
    First, since I'm running split named processes (one for internal, and
one for external) and the internal one uses the external address as a
forwarder, I'm guessing that I will have to turn on masquerading and ip
forwarding for that to happen without traffic leaving my cable modem via the
firewall at 192.168.0.1 - correct?  If not, please advise - I'd rather not
turn on IP Forwarding at all.
    Also, I've got my firewall setup running Psionic Logcheck, and I'm happy
with it, but I'm also aware of some other log parser with email notification
packages out there - but I haven't tried any of the others.  What's
everyone's opinions on them?  (no Holy Wars please)

Thanks in advance,

Justin