I would get boot.img from the RedHat cdrom and use one of the dos
utilities on the same cdrom to make a bootdisk.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Charles Galpin
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 3:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: how to boot to linux (floppy damaged)

Michael,

Do you have a link to linload? I tried looking for it but only came up
with a few references to it, but no way to get it.

I have a similar problem right now. I have a PC that has no floppy or
cdrom (i-opener). I just closed it up the other day and am too lazy to
open it up and take the drive to another PC. I accidently overwrote the
MBR (reinstalling windows) and now I can't get back to linux. If I can
boot into linux from windows, I'm all set

That or does anyone know of a windows version of lilo - i.e. run lilo
from
windows with a lilo.conf to re-install it in the MBR?

thanks
charles