Dave Wreski wrote:

> Hi all. A friend recently purchased a Mylex Accelraid 170 for use with
> RH7. He says the installer doesn't detect the card and doesn't know what
> to do next.
>
> Is there an updated installer for use with this card, or is something else
> wrong? There is direct kernel support for it, so I'm wondering why it
> doesn't detect it...

   The problem is that the Dac960 driver is a module, and the RH
installer doesn't recognize the pci id of the A170.  As a result the
installer fails to load the module.  As far as I know no one has ever
fixed this for 7.0.  In theroy it's possible to create a drivers disk,
but I've never tried to make one.  VA's 6.2.4 will install on this
controller.  I don't remember if our 7.0.1 has the correct pci id in the
pcitable or not.

ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/software/VALinux/released/6.2.4/

ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/software/VALinux/beta/7.0.1/

PS-  Please be aware that the above isos are simply VA Linux Systems
reinstallation cdrom.  We really only support them on VA hardware for VA
customers.
--
Solving people's computer problems always
requires more hardware be given to you.