Well, I can give troubleshooting hints.

I checked the /etc/services file of a couple of my RH 6.2 boxes and
didn’t find anything, but you may want to check yours.  The next thing
I would try is to connect to the port with,
      telnet machname 1025

and see what you get as a response (if you’re doing it from the machine
itself then
      telnet 0 1025
will work).

Having 2 ports open like that makes me think of ftp, which has behavior
like that, using port 21 to issue commands and port 20 to do the data
transfer (unless you use passive ftp; in which case it picks a
different data transfer port, higher than 1024).

Also check
     ps aux
and see if there’s some weird processes out there.  If so, kill them
and see if that closes the ports.
    === Al