Where does a person go to find out how to make up scripts to install
in /etc/rc.d/init.d so that they run properly.

It seems that just making up a file with only the three lines or so that you
want to have run, is just not the way to make up these files. I guess you
need to have  a start and stop function and probably more as well.

Maybe there is a script writer available?  Something where one just responds
to the questions and fills in the blanks.?? Would that be possible?
Afterall we are not all 'programers' and if RedHat is to reach out to all the
people out there, things should be a little easier??  Maybe I have it all
wrong.

So, to keep things simple - where does one go to get information on what is
needed in these scripts (the basics at least) and would there also be an
automatic script writer to produce these scripts.

--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Canada