On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Ted Gervais wrote:

> # This is my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file:
> # I added the delete statement to the bottom. ..
> --
> [root@localhost network-scripts]# more ifcfg-eth0
> DEVICE=eth0
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=static
> IPADDR=44.135.34.209
> NETMASK=255.0.0.0
change to 255.255.255.0
> GATEWAY=44.135.34.201
> /sbin/route del -net $44.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 eth0
Remove this - this is a config file, not a script file.

This should produce the proper route to your gateway.  You should also
be able to connect to the rest of the 44.135.34.0 network.  If you still
have problems, find out what the correct netmast for your subnet should
be, and change the netmask.  If nothing else, you can change the netmask
to 255.255.255.255, and send all trafic through the gateway, but this
puts more of a load on the gateway.  (This is what you are dong when you
run "/sbin/route del -net $44.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 eth0".)

Mikkel