Is it possible to use kickstart to get _some_ questions automatically
answered, but to leave some of the questions up to the installer?

I'm asking because we support lots of extremely heterogenous machines.
Some things are the same, like the nfs server to use for getting rpms,
or the dns server - and it'd even be nice to have a mostly consistent
(application) package list.  But the hardware differs about as much as
PC's can differ.

Also, we don't always have a DHCP/bootp server available - it'd be
great if we could just Try DHCP/bootp, and if that doesn't work, fall
back on manual entry of an IP address, but still get some of the rest
of the answers filled in.

So does this sound possible without source modifications?  If it's
only possible with source changes, what source file would need to be
changed, and roughly speaking, how?

--
Dan Stromberg                                               UCI/NACS/DCS

PGP signature