Mike Chambers wrote:

> [...]

does anyone know why was this done?  I always thought that var was for stuff
that changed alot (VARies?) I rarely keep a really big var partition but do
keep a pretty good size /home.  I can always create a partition and mount it as
/var/www but I am curious as to the reasoning.  I figure there is something to
be leasrned but I am at a lose as to what it might be.

TIA

Bret