From: Jeff Graves [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 2:58 PM
To: Redhat
Subject: Security issues & Tripwire

After having my linux boxes eventually hacked to pieces from neglect, I'm
reinstalling with RH7.0 and locking the boxes as much as possible. I have 2
dns servers that I want only to run bind and ssh. How can I can check to see
what ports are still open? I think I closed everything but I want to be
sure. Also, I installed the rpm for tripwire but the documentation sucks
(acutally, I couldn't find anything but comments in what I think were config
files). The website tripwire.org didn't have anything either. Does anyone
know of any documents that can tell me exactly what the hell it does and how
the hell to use it? Thanks.

Jeff Graves
Customer Support Engineer
Image Source, Inc.