> I was playing around with my redhat 7.2 and I"m getting tons of
> errors.  I had 7.2 installed and recently decided to play around with some
> things are reintall (ok, bad idea).
>
> Now, It won't let me do a damn thing.  I was able to install using text
> mode and then after all the packages were installed, the install died and
> said something like anaconda failed.
>
> I tried reinstalling 7.1 and the same thing happened.
>
> When installing 7.2, here is what happened.  After selecting all the
> packages I want, I get the following:
>
> -----
> running anaconda
> probing for video card (it did not correctly label my video card)
> probing for monitor (it correctly found my monitor)
> probing for mouse
> attempting to start frame buffer bases X server
> waiting for X server to start
> 1..2..3..4..5   X server started
> install exited abnormally
> sending termination
> sending kill
> disabling swap
>
> and then some more.
>
> I'm thinking it might be a hardware problem.  Any ideas?
> thanks for any help!

Ok, I think it might be a video card problem.  When choosing packages
during the install, if I choose to postpone X configuration, it will
install.  Maybe its the motherboard?

BUT, when I run Xconfigurator and choose 16 or 24 bit color, X will not
start up.  8 bit seems to worked fine, but now its not working again.

Another tidbit, when probing for video card, Xconfigurator does a PCI
probe and finds a card: nVidia card, but I have an AGP card (GeForce).

Any ideas?

thanks,
Blake