On Thu  8. November 2001 18:39, you (Blake C. Thornton) wrote:
> -----
> running anaconda
> probing for video card (it did not correctly label my video card)
> probing for monitor (it correctly found my monitor)
> probing for mouse
> attempting to start frame buffer bases X server
> waiting for X server to start
> 1..2..3..4..5   X server started
> install exited abnormally
> sending termination
> sending kill
> disabling swap
>
> and then some more.
>
> I'm thinking it might be a hardware problem.  Any ideas?
> thanks for any help!

I have had similiar problems when I installed RH 7.1 on a machine with large
disk - I am not sure (I don't remember; lot of days passed since then) but my
install problems was caused by the kernel boot images (/boot partition or
/boot directory - as at first I didn't create separate /boot partition)
placed over the 1024 cylinder.
Strange, and I am not sure, but after I shifted my Windoze partition and
created a /boot at the beginning of the disk, then X server started well.

--Mariusz

--

Tego nie znajdziesz w żadnym sklepie!
[ http://oferty.onet.pl ]