Linux did pen these words on  11/18/01 at 8:51 PM

>Hi
>
>I am trying to set up ProFTP. I have been successful to a degree but I
need
>to tidy up a few areas.
>
>I am trying to achieve logins by only a few selected persons, no anonymous
>logins required.
>The user must exist on the system but not all system users have access.
>
>I have got to the point where I can let the appropriate users in and
direct
>them to the directories I want then to have access to.
>
>The problem is other users on the system can also access the FTP server
and
>can get right through out the system almost unrestricted.
>
>What can I do to stop this?
>
>I have RH7.1 and ProFTPd 1.2.4

1. Read the doc at this URL,
http://www.proftpd.org/docs/userguide/linked/userguide.html
If you want to setup ProFTP; it will become your best friend.  =)

2. To deny anonymous logins:
<Anonymous ~ftp>
  DenyAll
</Anonymous>

3. As for blocking some of your users but not all of them; I think you'd
have to use one of the Allow or Deny options listed in the URL I gave you
above, or possibly AuthAliasOnly.  Beyond that I'm not sure.

Good luck,

Mark McKibben     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.avalon.net/~manzabar
ICQ#  8476502

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.
 - Unknown