At 11/15/2001 10:38 AM -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> > I've told Eudora always to use SSL "if available." This was always my
> > normal config, and have not changed it. However, I've tried "always" and
> > "never" now and neither works.
>
>"never" should work.  I use Eudora (and wish to ^H^H^H a lot that I
>didn't) in my business network on a server that does STARTTLS and SSL over
>alternate ports for POP, IMAP, and SMTP.  Set the option to "never" for
>both sending mail, and receiving mail, and it shouldn't bother you any
>more.

Took me a couple of days to see sense here. Eudora was complaining about
the cert when *checking* mail, and I'd foolishly only changed it to "never"
on SMTP. Oops. Thanks, Gordon.

Now, does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to correctly
setup pop3s and imaps so I can do POP and IMAP over SSL?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz