At 11/24/2001 04:29 PM -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> >          Answer B: On the Windows machine itself, run some program that
> > does this. ???
> >
> > Anyone have a clue as to where I might find a program that does this on
> > Windows 98? My wife is learning English, needs four CD's, but has no CD-ROM
> > on her notebook and travels a lot. Hence, mounting them somehow on her hard
> > drive is the only choice but I don't know where such software might be
> > found. (Yes, been to TUCOWS etc. but, under what category?)
>
>I think you are overlooking the obvious - copy the contents of the CDs to
>her hard drive and if necessary use the subst command to apply a drive
>letter to them.
>
>subst w: c:\cd\cd1
>subst x: c:\cd\cd2
>subst y: c:\cd\cd3
>subst z: c:\cd\cd4

Touché. However, some software (encyclopaedias, etc.) require an actual
CD-ROM, and I've seen other software out there that will "fake" the CD-ROM
and serve it from the hard drive.

I'll try this at the moment, but would appreciate pointers to software as
well if anyone knows of any.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz