On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 07:22:01PM +0000, Rodolfo J. Paiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| [...nfs etc...]
| These solutions are all good, and I've now got the encyclopaedia,
| dictionary, music, pictures, etc. are all mounted this way on the Linux
| server. But her software for learning languages, which she uses heavily
| while traveling (hence away from the server and with no CD-ROM) is on CD
| and she needs it.
|
| Hence my search for something that would allow you to "fake" having a disk
| in you CD-ROM drive under Windows 98/2000.

This doesn't quite solve your problem, but if you have a Linux box with VMWare
running windows on it, you can pretend a CD ISO image file is an actual drive.
However, it does require you to be running windows inside the VMware emulator.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Ed Campbell's <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> pointers for long trips:
6. *NEVER* trust anyone in a cage, if they weren't nuts they'd be on a
   bike like everyone else.