I'm going up the perpendicular learning curve of Red Hat Linux 7.2 et al at the moment and seem to have reached an impasse again.

Having followed all the instructions I can find for creating Samba shares with my Windows ME machine and still can't see how to get it to work. The ME machine is seeing the Linux machine but alternately asks for a password or says I don't have access. I haven't set a password (as far as I know), all passwords possibly in use on the network don't do any good and everything else seems to be ok.

Any ideas?

Alex