On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 06:47:20PM -0800, Steve Lee wrote:

> Sorry for this question. I really need a POP to SMTP authentication
> for my pop server.  I have been using the drac version of sendmail
> and everything was perfect until now.  I just realized that
> all works perfect until i need to rebuild the virt user table and
> everything breaks.  So, i can't no longer modify the virt user table
> without breaking sendmail.
>
> My solution is to find a replacement for this.
> Drac was perfect, however, i can't seem to get it working
> with RedHat 7.2
>
> please help.

I don't know what Drac is (and too lazy to look it up ;-), but I have to
do the same thing. I just fetchmail -c prior to running sendmail. In my
case, I'm running mutt, and the "sendmail" command is in my ~/.muttrc. I
just replaced that with a bash script that runs fetchmail -c and then
sendmail (sucking in anything on stdin) and all runs well.

That is:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/fetchmail -c
cat | /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oem $1 $2 &

Paul