Hi all,

Seeing that there's a captive audience in here with a wealth of experience as a newbie I thought I'd ask for peoples suggestions.

I'm looking to build a mail server onto my gateway machine (with a dial-up connection) to fulfil a number of tasks, namely:

To act as an internal mail server for the network with a number of users and different mail addresses

To retrieve mail for those accounts from external pop3 accounts

To send any non internal mail out to the rest of the world

To receive external mail and foreword to either internal or external addresses which are different from the original address the mail was sent to.

To administer small mailing lists, retrieving from a pop3 account and then redistributing.

What software would people recommend to achieve this?

Any set-up hints would be welcome too :)

Alex