Check your /etc/inittab on your 6.0 machine.  Someone might have added a
few lines there to invoke the rc.firewall script to be run.

The easiest thing for you to do would be to stick that into the init.d
directory & assign an rc(3/5).d link to it.  There's no sense in invoking
firewall rules to the system if you're booting into init 1.

-Rob

--

-Rob