Good points.  It's obviously a case of horses for courses.  For many
people, Windows is the ideal Desktop OS, that's not to say that Linux can't
be a better Desktop OS - just not for everyone in every situation.

Linux really excels in the server arena and for quick development of
unusual/innovative requirements, but there are situations when MS is a
better choice.

Graham.