Hi guys.

I just installed a RH 7.1 server installation. Now it blokked telnet, ftp,
http, nttp and ssh.

But I got confused reading about IPCHAINS, IPTABLES and IPFWADM. Can you
guys explain in few words what does what on my machine?

If I do a IPTABLES -L I get a screenful of errors. If I do IPCHAINS -L I get
a list that shows me a lot of things I don't understand yet. And I do
IPCHAINS -F to get access to the machine with SSH.

As I understand it IPCHAINS is for kernels 2.2 and IPTABLES is for kernels
2.4 but according to the error message it doesn't run.

A short explanation for a kickstart would be appreciated :)

Sorry for my spelling errors in my english.

Looking forward to hear (read) from you guys.

Ragnar W.