Hi,
  I am thinking of setting up a dhcpd server [for the heck of it and to
gain some experience]  on my home network.  I am just starting to read the
docs, but the question I have not seen answered is how I can address to a
certain machine on the network via telenet etc. if its' ip address changes
each time it boots up.  I can't beleive that I would have to run my own DNS
server and for a small network this would be tremendous overkill.

  Comments please.  Where to find the answer other than man page would be
helpful.

Thanks

Bob Hartung
--