Hi,

I am buying a new computer for wife --- She wants an M$ box!  Well
I get to install Linux to on it :)

I am looking at something like

Motherboard and CPU
AMD K7 T-Bird 1000 Mhz
Asus A7V266-E

Memory:
Should I invest in DDR memory instead  of pc133mhz?

Sound card:

Is the Soundblaster Live MP3 + Audigy  compatible?  I know that
the SB Live series is supported but I am not sure about the Audigy
version of it.

Video card:

I have an Older S3 that I almost never used so it should work.  If
I was to consider a new Video card what would be a reasonable
choice --- not too expensive ... Although this a PCI card, if the
board requires an agp technologie I am was maybe thinking of a
Matrox G450

Monitor :
Samsung  Sync 753DF 17"

CDWR:

Sony 16x/40x/10x (CR1611)

Thanks for any inside --- The last time I bought a computer was 5
years ago I am not in touch with the new computer technologie :(

Dominic.

--
Dominic Mitchell