On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 09:13:29AM +1100, Edwin Humphries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Would anyone like to express their views as to the relative merits of fetchmail and
|getmail?

Fetchmail works, has workarounds for MANY buggy POP services out there,
is fairly flexible. Getmail is expressly a simple quick'n'dirty solution
as I recall. If I had to run something from a tiny install I might use
getmail for size reasons, but otherwise why not use fetchmail?
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Symbol?  What's a symbol?  This is a rose.
        - R.A. MacAvoy, _Tea with the Black Dragon_