phpgroupware is also good.  It's available on freshmeat.net and supports
mysql database for the backend.  Email, todo list and many more features
besides a group scheduling calendar.  Might be what you are looking for.

I've been messing with it for about a month.  Don't know if palm sync is
an option.  Didn't see it on their feature list.

Frank