On Sunday 23 December 2001 04:19, you babbled something about:
> If I print some pages and then turn off the printer(there are still pages
> in printer queue) and while I restart my PC the printer automatic send the
> page with any unreadable character.

Why would you turn off the printer during a print job?

> I think RedHat should provide a way to solve this common problem,

I don't think it is common to try to cause things to fail. I would never turn
off my printer during a print job. I can't even think of a decent reason to
do so.

> In MS Windows if I turn on the PC, Windows will automatic bring up a dialog
> message that there are still pages in the printer queue "continue or delete
> the printer job?"
>
> Hope RedHat provide this feature ASAP.

Read up on LPRng. I think you will find you can get this (and much more) out
of it, but it is minimally configured out of the box.
http://web.mit.edu/source/third/lprng/doc/LPRng-HOWTO.html

especially the part about how the spools work and perhaps this part as well...
http://web.mit.edu/source/third/lprng/doc/LPRng-HOWTO-12.html#saveonerror

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]