On 23/12/2001 at 8:13 PM Timothy Lee Young [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[gregausit/redhat-list] wrote:

>Forget it... it's a brain-dead "winmodem"... these things should be torn
>apart and thrown out the window; the only useful purpose they'd ever serve
>is to help rack in some money to build a landfill.  Get a new modem, like
>the USR 3610a modem, will work with anything, I know because I have it!

While Winmodems are junk, there is some support for them now, I would buy a
serial modem, but if you cannot do this for whatever reason, look at
http://www.linmodems.org

Regards

Greg Wright
--

IT Consultant Sydney Australia     PH 0418 292020 -- Int. +61 418 292020
Available for Global Contracts      US Fax -- 801 740 2874