Have you thought of using PowerQuest's Drive Image? I am saying this because, we use
Ghost regularly at work (on windows machines only) and we have not had a problem.

Maybe, try installing the RH7.2 drive as a second drive on another machine (windows).
Ghost the drive, and then see if it works. Like John Matthews said, you'll need to
rerun Grub/LILO to correctly configure the mbr.

Let us know if you can get it to work.

George