On Thursday 10 January 2002 01:08, you babbled something about:
> Yo Sebastian,
>
> I think its specific for Lilo, I spend several hours on it, but no luck,
> though smart guy from the 13th floor, the second one, works also only
> with lilo. It seems that the Splash part isn't documented anyware..I
> can't find any inf on that in the man pages or howto's or other help
> files.
>> How to handle xpm files? I want to change the splash file from
>> the GRUB boot loader /boot/grub/ However, when I change it, and place the
xpm file back in the archive, the output when rebooting the system looks
terrible!!

>> Anyone has ideas?

IIRC, the image for the Grub bootloader needs to be 640x480, no more then 14
colors (or exactly 14 colors?), in xpm format, then gzipped.

But I can't confirm, since I decided I wasn't really that fond of grub and
went back to LILO.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]