On Monday 07 January 2002 03:31, you babbled something about:
> <P>Hello all,</P>
> <P>I'm sure you're all familiar with UltraEdit for windows.&nbsp; I
> particularly like a feature it has called "Save As to FTP" which basically
> has a built in FTP client allowing you to (obviously) save directly to an
> FTP server.</P>
> <P>I have been searching for months for something&nbsp;like this&nbsp;that
> will run on&nbsp;linux and have finally decided to see if anyone can point
> me to something that might do this.&nbsp; I would prefer a graphical
> interface (as I have a few scripts that I'm using now, just wondering if
> something is out there).</P>
> <P>All help&nbsp;is appreciated,</P>
> <P>Kevin</P>

Step One. Turn off HTML in mailing list posts. Very hard to read.

Do you use KDE?

If so, the file dialogs are "Network transparent". So from your favorite "KDE
Aware" editor (mine is Quanta+ (not gold)) all you do is...

File -> Save As ->
Then enter ftp://<username>@<ftp.server.dom>/path/to/save/to/<filename>
(it will prompt you for a password the first time)

It will also let you browse around there like it was a local filesystem.

Of course Quanta+ is also a very nice editor, you may want to give it a try.

--
Brian Ashe                                                     CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]