Hi all!

Please help me! Did someone experience this before?
I installed the freetype2 library, the gd library and
a japanase .ttf font. (RH 7.1 English edition + PHP)
I can make a jpeg image writing
any latin characters with ttf, but not the japanese ones.
the latin letters do appear (with the same font) but for
japanese, there are only little black boxes :( ...

it seems like it wouldn't undestand the 'two byte'
characters.. but i'm not sure. anyone could help,
please?

is it possible to view japanese characters on an
english console (yes, not under X) ?
what do I need to (additionally) install for that?

Thank you!
Daniel BI