At 12/11/2001 12:20 PM -0800, you wrote:
>As a follow-up question, does anyone have an IDE RAID controller that they
>are using under RH 7.2 that they really like? and are you able to do RAID 1
>with it? thanks.

Follow-up to a month-old thread, but...

I've got an Abit KT7-RAID mobo which uses the HPT-370 controller. Last
night (after making sure my mobo had the latest BIOS update) I went to
www.highpoint-tech.com and downloaded the 1.3 version of their Red Hat driver.

The driver came with two PDF files (including one that was 15 pages)
explaining *everything* and boot disk images for RH-7.1 and RH-7.2 as well
as driver disks for i686 and Athlon. Slickest damn thing I've seen in a
while, and worked like a charm.

I'm now the proud owner of a RAID-0 array (3 x 20GB), which I hope will be
very fast. But man, oh man, is it nice to see a hardware maker support
Linux like this. Red Hat, Suse, TurboLinux, and Caldera all had support. I
wrote them a nice mail promising to buy more of their stuff.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz