> The clients are MS Outlook Express -- these I can extend the timeout to 2
> minutes, at which point it works -- and MS Outlook 2000 -- which I can
> extend timeout for receiving, but times out trying to send.  Netscape has
> same problems. Mail arrives at the server from outside with no problem,
and
> goes straight into /var/spool/mail/username.

Tom, sorry to ask a question not give an answer.

I've been looking for a timeout setting in OE for a while.

Reason being one of our (unfortunately) NT based customers is using Osiris
Winproxy for internet stuff, and sending a large mail will cause a time-out
in OE clients. Pressing the 'Wait' button 5 or 6 times gets the mail away,
but it is not a cosher way of doing it.

Do you mind telling me where the OE timeout values are stored?

TIA

P.S. Yes I HAVE tried talking them into Linux but after their $$$ investment
which has only been running a year or so, they won't go for it. :(

Regards,
Edward.