On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 at 10:05pm (-0600), Chad and Doria Skinner wrote:

> > Use rxvt instead with the -C option. Or xterm with -C (if it does
> > transparency, which I think it does not). Eterm might have this option
> > too, maybe.
>
> I downloaded this and it works fine, but I would like the window to be
> non-interactive...Do you know if it is possible to just have the console
> messages displayed without having a bash shell prompt in the term window?

I don't know if it 100% fits what you want.. but I like to use root-tail to
do this... it tails a file and writes it on the X root window... so no shell
or borders or anything.

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=root%2Dtail

M.

--
WebCentral Pty Ltd           Australia's #1 Internet Web Hosting Company
Level 1, 96 Lytton Road.           Network Operations - Systems Engineer