aterm is really awesome for this:

aterm -tr -tint magenta -fg white -bg black +sb

will give you a really awesome window.

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 16:33, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 08:39 20 Jan 2002, Chad and Doria Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | How can I create a transparent xconsole window? I would like my console
> | messages to display in x, but want to get rid of the white or black
> | background of the xconsole window?
>
> Use rxvt instead with the -C option. Or xterm with -C (if it does
> transparency, which I think it does not). Eterm might have this option
> too, maybe.
>
> In short, xconsole doesn't do it, but several other things do.
> --
> Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/
>
> But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul of the
> system, in which all of its major weaknesses have been exposed, analyzed,
> and replaced with new weaknesses.     - Bruce Leverett

Jack Wallen, Jr.
Track Editor - Linux/UNIX and Infrastructure
TechRepublic (CNET Networks)                       L   I   N   U   X
http://www.techproguild.com
502-814-7741                                       R   O   C   K   S

Key fingerprint = B7C9 3A5A 0031 5FBC B050  6822 1269 7711 B37B 4F83
sub  1024g/00E9A596 2001-05-11