|Subject: Re: Question about login bug
|From: Bret Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

|Hit the alt key instead of the spacebar to unblank the screen. Or
|backspace before entering the the username.  " myname"  is not the same
|as "myname"

|At least that is what I have encountered.  I have several 6.2 boxes and
|never had any problems of that sort that I recall.

|Bret

It is not a space... the system is a fresh boot, and the screen never
blanked.  It does it maybe 75% of the time, just gives an error on the
first login (non-root user login).    I did try backspacing to eliminate
anything that might be in the login gadget.  It doesn't make a difference.

I enter exactly the same login twice, the first time it fails, the second
one works.  We have 7 6.2 boxes (some at customer sites) and they all seem
to do the same thing.  I did remember something about this and thought there
might be a 6.2 update rpm I needed to fix it.

--
-- /Tony Preston/  *Team Amiga*  Linux Developer since 1993
-- SR Principal Engineer/Scientist