Not all updates are related to broken functions.  Most are related to
security exploits.  DO the upgrades!!!!!

:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Tony Preston
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 9:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Question about login bug

I am running a vanilla Redhat 6.2 distribution.  It is for a project
and the customer wants minimum changes (everything works except for one
thing so why upgrade).

One minor problem is that when the system is freshly booted, and the
login prompt appears, you put in the correct username and password and
it returns an error and makes you do it again.  The second time always
works, but the first time will give an error.

I remember that there was some fix for this, but not what rpms need to
be updated.  Can anyone tell me either what needs updating or where I
might look to find out?
--
-- /Tony Preston/  *Team Amiga*  Linux Developer since 1993
-- SR Principal Engineer/Scientist