Hi all,

I am trying to connect to Samba from a Windows 2000 client machine... it
doesn't work :(

I have three machines on my network, two of which are Win2000 machines
and one is a Redhat Linux 7.2 box. Im running Samba 2.2.1 on it and its
running fine as far as I can understand. I can also see the Linux box in
the network neightborhood of both the win2000 machines, but thats about
it. When I double click on the linux box icon, it says "Network path not
found" (doesnt ask for password either). Basically I am not able to
browse the linux files from win2000.

I have created the smbpasswd file using the sampasswd command etc ... I
dont think I have any 'domains' concept (or whatever, i dont know!) coz
I havent myself setup any of the wn2000 machines as domain controllers.
Ive tried using user as well as server for the 'security' entry in the
smb.conf file.

Im pretty new to this. Anyone has any idea whats going wrong ??

Thanks a lot!

Jatan

PS : I can browse my windows2000 machines shared folders from the linux
box by using smbmount and providing the relevant password.