On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, BobH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:Hi,
:   I just upgraded to KDE-2.2.2 on a RH-2 box with netscape-4.78 installed.
:  I have lost all the menus and command bar fonts!  I have done a force
:refresh and still no good.
:
:   The text on the web pages renders just fine.  E-Mail, once I get there,
:is okay.  But if I try to save an attachment there is no readable text on
:any of the buttons.
:
:   It seems that the font may have changed.  I cannot, however, read
:preferences.  Is there another way to make sure it is using the correct
:font?  If so what do I need to change it to to make the text reappear?

I had a similar problem when I installed the latest XFree86 RPMs from
Red Hat.  The text in all my menus displayed as little boxes.  That's
*all* menus, not just in Netscape.  Dropping back to the previous
version of the 75 DPI fonts (XFree86-75dpi-fonts-4.0.3-5.i386.rpm) got
things working again till I can find a less ham-fisted fix.

--
Bob Nichols         [EMAIL PROTECTED]