Hello.

I am going to rebuild and install the binary RPM packages of the Linux
kernel from Rawhide in my RedHat Linux 7.2 box. I am not sure what
packages can be safely installed while trying to keep the system
well integrated. In particular, it seems that the glibc and the
kernel-headers packages are tied together, that is, I should not
install the Rawhide kernel-headers. Currently I have the following
kernel packages installed:

        kernel-2.4.7-10 (i686)
        kernel-2.4.9-21 (i686)
        kernel-headers-2.4.9-21
        kernel-source-2.4.9-21

I want to keep them and also install the new ones

        kernel-2.4.17-0.12 (i686)
        kernel-source-2.4.17-0.12

Will the new kernel-headers be needed for something, like compiling
third party kernel modules (like avfs and alsa) for the new kernel,
or can I just disregard it?

Thanks.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias               Departamento de Computação
http://iceb.ufop.br/~romildo       Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto