If you use KDE, the KDE System guard is probably the best for this purpose.
When you open it up, go to the list of Processes.  Go to the check box that
says Tree down at the bottom.  This will show you the hierarchy of
processes.  This will help determine which one to kill (top most usually).
If your running multiple java programs it might take some guess work at
first but I can usually determine what it is fairly quickly by seeing how
many sub-processes are spawned by either program.

Lyn Mortensen
Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

InTransit Inc.