Hello all,

We have fortunately stumbled on a dual PII Digital 3000 Server. It comes equipped with
a Raid array is a MYLEX  DAC960P/PD Raid array Firmware 3.50-0-27

The BIOS has SCSI Controller:   Adaptec AIC-7880P (on-board BIOS 1.26S1.01)

We have been unable to install either RH7.2 or Mandrake 8.0

We tried to use the following SCSI drivers:
using the aic-7xxx causes a hang
using aic-7xxx_mod works, but we can't recognise the drive.

We are trying to install linux on a SCSI hard drive, and then use the raid for our
data storage.

This problem happens wether we're installing Mandrake 8.0 or RH7.2
Does anyone have any experience installing Linux on this model server, or where can we
get drivers for these SCSI controllers? We have looked around but to no avail. Maybe
we are looking in the wrong areas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information, please let me
know.

George