        From: ABrady [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Tue 2/5/2002 7:41 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: mkisofs unknown cdrom type

        On Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:23:22 -0500
        Matt Chapman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> implied:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have successfully created a cdrom (sort of) with my own custom
        > stuff! Now I go to burn the cdrom and make it bootable and use the
        > kickstart file which is in the root dir of the cdrom.
        >
        > I made a sysimage.txt file that points to ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg   so far so
        > good.
        >
        > I run this command
        >
        > # mkisofs -V origin -b images/boot.img -c boot.cat -J -r -T -o
        > bootcd.iso /cd1
        >
        > Makes the cdrom and then I burn it with xcdroast!  Put it in the
        > server and I get passed all the fun stuff of boot up and then wham,
        > fail  can't determine type of cdrom?
        >
        > It booted of the cdrom and then fails to recognize it in order to do
        > the install?
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Is this the wrong mkisofs command?

        Might be missing the right module for the cdrom. That would still allow
        it to start the boot process, but the kernel loaded wouldn't know how to
        handle it.

        --
        If you want to browse and read email, get an iMac.
        If you want others reading your email, get Windows with Outlook.