--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:29:54PM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 12:35:09PM -0500, Jianping Zhu wrote:
> > My current kernel version is 2.4.9-6. The latest version in the=20
> > redhat update agent is 2.4.9-19. the latest vesion in the www.kernel.org
> > is 2.5.3. If I use 2.5.3, will it cause some problems?
>=20
> 2.5.3 is bleeding edge - if you have to ask, you definitely should not be
> running it.  The entire 2.5.x series is development and should not be used
> for production unless you really, really know what you're doing and what
> risks you're taking.  File corruption, system hangs, etc. have been and m=
ay
> always be prevalent in development kernels depending on what features are
> currently being tested.
>=20

Additionally...

Last night, the official Rh kernel was 2.4.9-21.

You may wanted to read Moshe Bar's kernel article:

   http://www.byte.com/documents/s=3D2470/byt1012259408690/0204_bar.html

in which he compares some of the bleeding and not so bleeding edge kernels
outthere.  RH's 2.4.9 kernel comes out well regarded.

--=20
                            - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -                       =
   =20
                            - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -                       =
   =20
                                                                           =
   =20
  Public PGP Key ID: 0xB29EDDCADB184F7B keyserver: http://certserver.pgp.co=