** Reply to message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Trond Eivind Glomsrød) on Fri, 08 Feb 2002
12:48:55 -0500

> Timothy Lee Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > The 2.5.x series are TEST kernels for the new 2.6.x series coming late
> > this year, or early next year.  Unless you are in the kernel developer's
> > type guild, you shouldn't mess with the 2.5.x kernels.  Stay with the
> > latest in the 2.4.x series.
>
> Even better: Stay with the latest kernel released by us. It's heavily
> fixed and tested.

RH kernels are very good. But they are behind the curve as they must be necessarily.
If I want most of the latest netfilter extensions (which I do), then it is
roll-your-own time. Please don't take offence, Trond. You and the RH crew are doing a
great job.

jb